We need You!
Do You want Swiss universities to become a role model in sustainability?
Do You love to organize and coordinate motivated people?
Would You like to achieve goals you set yourself?
We need your help to further develop the Swiss Sustainability Week! Our first edition in early 2018 was a great success: 300 students from 11 cities and more than 20 institutions organized over 100 events and attracted hundreds of visitors. Now it is your opportunity to join the SSW core team! By joining the SSW core team you’ll be part of the nationwide coordination and thereby inspire the Swiss public to act more sustainable and bring change to Swiss universities. Here’s a quick overview of what we expect and offer:
What You’ll be doing:
- develop your own skills by doing what you love
- spend about four to eight hours per week
- defining long-term goals of your work group ~ 10 %
- update existing strategies and carry them out ~ 25 %
- organize meetings within your ressort (monthly) ~ 25 %
- coach members of the local Sustainability Weeks ~ 40 %
What We offer:
- a charming and inspiring team to share your vision with
- a big network of motivated students & organisations
- experienced team members who are happy to support you
- a culture where failure is embraced and not blamed and your ideas are welcome
- we work on a voluntary basis, any expenses are covered
- a lot of existing know-how (check out our principles and strategies here)
- self-development and soft skills (time management, professional appearance, etc.)
- motivated and willing to achieve your goals
- interested in testing new waters and challenging yourself
- comfortable basic English (additional German, French or Italian would be amazing)
- eager to help Swiss universities to become more sustainable in education and praxis
We are looking for SSW team members in the following fields:
Do you like discussing ideas with university staff? Do you like to see your effort manifesting in new policies? Join our university politics team and elaborate strategies how Swiss universities can become more sustainable.
You care about food and how it is produced? In our cafeteria communication team you’ll be able to negotiate with cafeteria providers (like ZFV or Compass Group) and create more sustainable menus together.
Marketing & IT
Is Facebook, writing news articles and designing websites and posters your world? We need members to overhaul our website and to keep our over 1200 followers up to date. Furthermore, we’d like to set up a contact and communication database.
Are numbers your thing? As head of finance you will be keeping track of the overall budget, manage invoices and be responsible for the financial statements of the year 2019.
Fundraising / Networking and Reporting
You are a talented networker? Going to conferences, talking to people, pitching to investors, raising funds and writing applications as well as reports will be your tasks!
Organize fun events for team building and bring people together. We’d love to have someone on our team who’s into personal coaching and self-development!
Are you interested in joining us? Write an e-mail with a few lines about yourself and why you’d like to join us to: . We’re looking forward to hear from You!